Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Life with Logan: Heart Matters

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Heart Matters


This past Tuesday we had Logan's appointment with his cardiologist. We were somewhat anxious for this appointment because they would be doing an echo cardiogram on his heart to get another look at the hole in his heart. We were very optimistic and hoped for good news because we haven't really seen any of the typical side effects in Logan from this condition. He has been gaining weight and eating very well. The results from the echo were not what we hoped for, at this time they still say he will probably need surgery between 4-8 months of age. It's always difficult to hear this because to us he looks absolutely perfect and healthy, its sometimes hard to believe and accept that something is wrong inside his little body. However, we will continue to trust God and the plans he has for our family. This circumstance increases our faith everyday and makes us so grateful to be in the hands of a loving, mighty and capable God. So even if the doctors are predicting surgery we know that our God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing our God cannot do. We have peace that He will heal our boy whether by a miracle or through the hands of doctors. So thank you all for your countless prayers and encouraging words, we would not make it through this without your support.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll continue to pray for little Logan and his mommy and daddy. Love you.

Aunt "B" said...

My little Hispanic kiddos at my apartment ministry sing a song each week that says just what you wrote Sarah...My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY there's nothing My God cannot do!!! (they do REALLY cute hand motions, too!) We DO serve a Mighty God and I am sooo thankful that Logan's mommy and daddy BELIEVE THIS!!! Also, in Beth Moore's study of Believing GOD...part of our pledge was...I BELIEVE GOD IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS...I BELIEVE HE CAN DO WHAT HE SAYS HE CAN DO...I claim this daily for my life and the life of my family...I also claim it for Logan's healing and his little life...God DOES have a plan for Logan's life and it is for GOOD to give him a future and a hope...Jeremiah 29:11, in verse 12 it says..when you pray, I will listen...I WILL be praying for Logan's heart and GOD WILL listen! I love ALL "3" of you...and thank you for my sweetest and cutest Birthday card EVER!

In Him...
aunt "b"

bencounter said...

I've been praying for you guys. I want to give bkat a call and finally, finally catch up! Just know in the meantime that we're praying for Logan.

GRAND-PA said...

Logan... We love you buddy...and we are lifting you and your Mommy and your Daddy up in prayer every day. You have touched a lot of people for the short time you have been here... I know he has great plans for you...he is mending more than just your heart.
Keep growing buddy...
I too am claiming your health and healing in the name of Jesus..